Monday, March 14, 2005

Quiet Reminders (draft)

In the last few days, I've been nothing but unproductive- I haven't really done anything/ my laundry still needs to be washed/ my dishes are still in my sink/ my bathtub needs to be scrubbed- but I haven't done anything- While my actions are dormant, my mind is spinning out of control. As I continue to rediscover the experiences which have impacted my life- through the use of my poetry- through the use of giving this pain and anguish action- I free myself- Audre Lourde says poetry is not a luxury it's neccesary- Ntozake says the spirit of the poem takes over and gives me back what I discovered I didn't have to give up.

Well it is through poetry that I uncover my life and realize that my thoughts/body/feelings/are not "shattered" but simply scattered-

No comments: