Monday, May 01, 2006

Immigrant "Day of Absence"

While not the most "original" idea, today marks immigrant day of absence day- According to continous faxes and news threads of the net, my understanding is that today illegal immigrants and their supporters are staging walk-outs, calling off from work, and protests- now if anyone is a theatre buff like myself we all know that Douglas Turner Ward wrote a play called day of absence where all the negreoes disappear. So- this is not new or "original" but at the same time proves to be interesting.

So, is anyone planning on participating in the protest?

Yeah, and before I forget not only our "immigrants" borrowing from "Day of Absence" so is E. Lynn Harris, hes next book deals with a Homosexual "day of absence" in the church, again not the most original but wouldn't that prove interesting if it really happened in real life, I wonder how empty each church would really be if all the non hetero brothas and sistas kept they ass home, all on the same day... things that make u go hmmmm....

2 comments:

diana said...

hi,
I saw your blog and it was
interesting for me. I hope successful for you.
I would like to introduce an address that you will find very interesting and beautiful templates for blogs that offer you.
world cup Templates Pack

Ladynay said...

Forgive me for being sterotypical, but the choirs would SUCK if all the homosexual beings didn't show up....no direction, no nothing! LOL