Friday, January 13, 2006

1st tears of the year

Man, oh man, oh man, 2006 has already brought tears to my eyes. Today, I got up early to make sure to make my way to the Daley Center to answer a complaint, which has been brought against me for some bs... why is it everytime someone gets hurt or injured and when they didn't take the proper procedures to protect themselves they want to make someone else liable?

Can someone tell me?

Also, I always think there is a difference between someone who does something and their intentions- I mean they have it in murder cases- theres one code for cold bloodied you don't give a fuck murder and one for oh, shyt that was a mistake or oh my god I didn't mean to but the person is dead and you didn't mean to do it and had no intentions of harming anyone..

So, at any rate, last month I got served this complaint and Tuesday would be the 30th day for me to file my answer with the court.. Now, this isn't and wasn't a problem until when I got down there they told me it cost $163.00 to file the damn response to the person bs claim in the first place...

now, this would have been a problem had I not just wrote my rent check and a $70.00 check to Sprint, leaving my checking account with a $2.00 balance.. I mean a brotha is hurting.. right now... see last post.. Student loan blues.. well at any rate, and a brotha does feel like jumping straight into Lake Michigan and just calling it a fucking life....

So at any rate, it's fucked up when you go to a courthouse, having never been arrested or anything like that and everyone still treats you like a damn criminal.. this one sista said to me after asking her several questions to make sure my forms were filled out approriately.. "well you just need everything today".. i looked at that scank ass hoe like bitch please... I could have punched her in the back of her pesee ass nappy head...but a brotha was like don't be ugly cause this bitch is being ugly and why the black folks got to treat other blacks folk fucked up but the white ones will smile and greet u and answer whatever u ask them... (or at least some of them will)....

so anyway, I stopped going to the sista and directed all my questions to the white lady who tells me that I have to pay the fee and I tell her well if I can't pay it what do I do.. she says you have to see the judge and he only sees people at 11:30 am everyday.. Ok, so much for being to work anywhere near 10:30/11:00..

So, I fill out my papers and get the the court room 20 minutes before 11:30, so I'm waiting and waiting and waiting.. and at 11:30 the judge starts seeing people only to leave at 11:45 without saying shyt to me or three other people so I go over to the court clerk and I'm like ah, is he coming back? I mean like what am I supposed to do? He's like oh, he'll look over your info and sign it... so after waiting another 30 minutes, a lil deaf guy comes out,, like follow me were going downstairs.. So, I'm like ok everything is fine with my form, he's like yeah.. he signed it, so I'm like ok kewl.. I get downstairs and the deaf mothafucka puts me in line with my form and I look at the form the fucking judge denied my request.

So, I'm in line and I jsut start balling and the cashier is looking at me like this mofo is crazy and I'm like ok , what do I do now? He's like go back and see the judge again... so I go back upstairs and of course the judge is gone.. so I talk to the court clerk who tells me the judge left and I'll have to wait another 1 1/2 hours to see a new judge...

So, I'm like I'm going to lose my job and really be fucked up..

so I go back down to the cashier with my credit card and tell him to go ahead and process my paperwork, I mean who cares that my rent and electris bill checks will bounce?? Who cares if Emotionalbrotha has lights on and lives in his car? Who the fuck cares??? Apparently the city of Chicago and the Daley Center and fucking Dorothy Brown doesn't..,

so whatever, just take my money and leave me evicted, lightless, and with no damn car insurance again, so some ass hole can run into my car and then sue me.

.. go fucking figure..

. this asshole runs into me and then sues me.... now if I would have run into him I could see, but come the fuck on.... so, anyway the cashier is like we only take checks or cash, I'm like ok, where is there an ATM.. too bad I didn't bring a check then my rent and electric would have cleared but this check would bounce and then they could come and arrest me for writing a bad check and then my fucked up case would be messed up also...

who the fuck cares right?

Well, I say lets go to the ATM and pay for this shyt, before a judegment gets entered against me by default... I jump on the elevator and the tears come on again.. this financial thing is starting to wear me out and it's getting over fucking whelming.. the more u try the harder it gets the harder the system makes it...so, anyway, I'm on the elevator in tears like a muthafucka, telling myself to get it together because literally everyone is looking at me like I know this big 200 lb muthafuckka ain't crying... but yeah this 200 lb muthafuckka was crying.. so I finally get it together... go to the atm, of course they charge me $2.00 fucking to get my own god damn money.. and I go back in wait in line for like 30 more minutes.. now it's almost 1:00p.m. and I still haven't made it to the office..

Anyway, ole boy waits on me again takes my money, files the damn forms, and I walk to the parking garage only to find that now I have to pay $27.00 for parking... ain't that a bitch.. but beats having your car towed... so anyway, I'm like of this is really getting out of hand... and to top it off my car insurance company calls me asking me when am I going to make my payment cause if I don't pay within the next 2-3 days they will cancel my coverage...

Go figure, so it's like this just like I told the cashier, go head take my money, my rent check will bounce, so I will be homeless and their cutting off my electricity so I mean shyt... no reason to have a crib with no lights and oh yeah next time you see me in here it will be for prosutition cause now I got to go sell some dick!

5 comments:

Tim said...

Babe, I feel ya on all of that. Let me just say this: It will be OK. I promise you it will.

Read my blog when you get a chance. You'll understand why.

Ladynay said...

I think alot of people can identify with your situation. Not to a T, but close.

I have had a minor breakdown in public because of money issues before. Stuff just kinda gets overwhelming at times.

But trust, you are gonna make it. You may not see or know how, but you will make it.

My only suggestion on things you can do is prioritize your bills....let that cell phone stay off for awhile.

Carmie Escobar said...

I've been keeping up with your blog and I'm understand fully what you're going through. I've had some spazastic moments about funds myself and it just seems that when it comes to cash, stuff just doesn't go the way you'd hoped it would. Hang in there cause I promise you, things will get better before they get any worse. You'll see. Take care of you. CE

Emotionalbrotha said...

thanks everyone for the encouraging words....i appreciate them and they help to let a brotha know that he not the only one in the world going thru some of this financial bs...

That Dude Right There said...

I certainly feel your pain. There have been several times that I have wanted to break down and just cry about my financials. But I didn't because i realized that anything financial can be fixed later. It takes time, but it can be fixed. During the last year, my credit score dropped almost 100 points because of money issues. But you know what, i have a place to live, and food to eat. That's all that I need.