Monday, January 15, 2007

A New Year w/ a New View

For the past few days, I've been attempting to post an entry- but I really wasn't prepared to "say" anything... I guess I really had nothing to say, although my life has been very busy over the past few weeks. .....

I actually went on vacation, met a great guy, became estranged from my g/f since she decided that I need to be her husband.. (so not feeling that)... decided that I would look for a new job, polished my resume, actually submitted my resume for a few positions and it looks like I'm open to relocating......

In short, I think 2007 is going to be the year where I face my fears. I've always said that Chicago is a great city, with great opportunities for brothas with their heads on straight- you know the whole big fish in a small pond thing... but then i woke up and looked at myself and something inside me said that I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing and I'm not where I'm supposed to be at- so I started to think to myself.. like what am I supposed to be doing? The Acting thing hasn't worked out... and maybe I'm just not as special as they've always lead me to believe... so, if I'm not an actor- who am I? If I am an actor, just an unemployed one at the moment what am I supposed to be doing in the meantime?

Well, I decided that this Management thing is whassup, i hate dealing with the cry babies but maybe if I change the pond of water I'm swimming in- the results will be different. Kindaof a nature versus nurture experiment.

So, in 2007, I'm going to possibly do a career change- I might just do a location change and stick with the Real Estate thing, because generification is happening everywhere just not in Chicago.

Also, I've decided that I'm going to be more forgiven, forgivenning not forgetting- but just time to move on with my life.

I'm young, smart, gifted, can adjust to about any atmosphere (the actor in me)... so why not see what the other ponds look like?

One will never know-- unless they try..

Here's to trying.....

1 comment:

Ladynay said...

*gasp* jumped from maybe girlfriend to possible wifey...you must have put something on her! LOL