Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Putting My Toe in it

Ok, my crazy ass went in the bedroom to study and fell asleep.... now it's like 1:00am and I'm wide awake, so I was doing some employment seeking.. checking out the "openings".. peeping what skills employers expect people to have and what they're paying people for those skills... I'm finding the need to be more on top of my game and knowing what is marketable and the compensations helps.. and than I get to thinking like I might be a better entrepuer than anything... like why don't I just chill out, make a plan- take some classes to get more education, which will add to my expereince and also solve that little "i need a second" job syndrome... not to mention that I'm actually making "ok" compared to what other companies are paying.... but at the same time I could be making more by working for myself so I can do business the way I want to do it.

So, I sat down and wrote out a plan.. get some of this, a little bit of that, compliment that with this.. and than prioritize everything like what is going to make these biscuit taste better more butter or more water- i don't like my biscuits very flat so more butter- Also, what skills are going to make my job easier and more productive so I can leave the office by 6:00pm instead of 9:00pm and still make it to take a class, catch a seminar (that's going to give me a certificate for attending- need those C ontinuing Ed credits), continue working out everyday and than at some time between the next 12-15 months, say thank you for the time, experience and consideration, but I am now going into business for myself.

I think I would like that alot better.... and I can still dominate and if I wanted to relocate and set-up my business elsewhere- it's not like Chicago is the only city going "Condocrazy"-

So, I'm still looking but might throw the whole new employment thing in a pot and make a smoldering soup for later..... just got to get the meat, vegetables,& spices together....

and it never hurts to see what store is having the best sale.... so, who knows- it's open season and I can do anything.

No comments: