Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Denver Meltwhat?

This past weekend, I took a few days off from work and attend DenverMeltdown, which actually became DenverMeltwhat because the event was not highly attended but despite even the cold weather suprisingly I ended up having a good ass time...

the long weekend was composed of relaxing, chilling, a theatre outing, a ballet outting, shopping, no fucking.... and good ass conversation..


Man, I never thought at my age I would go on a g-life event and not have "sex"-

I actually didn't have intercourse at all, I did however have some mind boggling, electrifying conversation- it's amazing how what the events are in "structure" supposed to be, is what I expereinced- that is a time for brothas to come together party, relate, share, mingle, and get to know each other... and this weekend I got to know alot of interesting brothas.... shyt the weekend was very refreshing..... and didn't hurt that I met a cutie pie and if I ever relocate for whatever reason and me and that brotha link up- its going to be on... like u don't know what..


but infactuation is well infactuation....

but this weekend made me realize alot about life and love and the fact that we are all searching, seeking, waiting for something or someone, for some it is the messiah for others it's good sex, for others it's intimacy and freindship, belonging, and wanting to feel cared about and respected.

and although we all traveled from different cities to join in one cold ass weekend of patrying, which ended up being a weekend of not so much partying but a weekend of getting fucked up, drunk & high, dancing, joking, laughing, singing, skiing, sleeping, eating, resting, relaxing, flirting, disappointment, a few spades, some bones, not enough cuties, a few hot brothas, alot of kewl brothas, some damn good conversation, some str8 bonding and getting to know each other, a few good ass hugs, a few passionate kisses and dreams and illusions waiting to become reality.. to all the brothas who were on the pilgramage mad love n peace and hope to see yall in Chi-town...

Was Denver a Meltdown? Well man, all I can say is.......

Denver Melt what?

However, Denver melted all my perceptions, fears, anxiety, dreams, realities, and brought me back into consciousness... sometimes the events don't have to be full of sex, hot ass brothas, etc- it helps but it doesn't have to be..... sometimes it can be just like old times, sitting in front of a fire place, saying nothing but so much being communiticating... i guess Denver melted my heart to admit.... I love all my brothas...

2 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

I think that you got out of the event exactly what the purpose was. I attended an event like this a few years ago, and while the attendance was not great, I still had a great time and learned a great deal.

Cash S. said...

First time visitor to your blog!

I heard that about the event. It would have been nice to go and check it out, but didn't you have to be 25 and up to go?