Tuesday, March 21, 2006

When it Rains, it pours

Last Sunday night/ Monday morning, I was in the middle of cuddling up with a cutie when all of a sudden I heard water gushing, it sounded like a rainfall, the sound didn't alarm me because after all it was raining and shyt, it was kinda romantic, that is until I discovered that the gushing water and waterfall was water coming from underneath my front door, down my steps and smack dab, right into the middle of my living room. Yep, what a way to fuck up a date...lol.. Well, I immediadetly called the Engineer for the building who after 5 minutes or so appeared with a dust pan, a rag, and a bucket- I don't know how the hell he thought he was going to clean up the water, which by now had consumed between 1/2 - 2/3 of my apartment.

I immediately looked at him like he was crazy and asked what the hell was he going to do with his "equipment", I was like man do you have a sump pump, or a wet vac, or a carpet extractor, to which he's reply in his broken english accent was of course "NO"

So, I asked him to call an emergency service to get the water up from the carpet, and I mean up and down from the carpet because at this point the padding and the carpet was soaked. So he runs off to call the emergency service only to call me back 30 minutes later to tell me that he doesnt have the cash or a credit card to pay for the service, so they allowed the water to set in my apartment and soil my furniture and belongings for about 12 hours... Well, to say the least, I was pissed but figured I'd just make them pay for the damage as well as my hotel stay since my apartment was a health hazard and couldn't be lived in.

Well to make a long story short, I've had to hire an attorney to sue their asses, I'm packing my shyt and moving in a new apartment on Thursday.. ain't that a bitch, and I guess like they say, when it rains, it pours, but I mean damn at least fix the drains...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!

Yeah, really get at them for your damages. It sounds like structural integrity problems, but if the neighbor above did the problem, you can also go after them as well.

So you are a Chi brotha too? Cool!

Cash S. said...

That's messed up.

Captain is right, get them for your damages.

Ladynay said...

Dag man, that's messed up! Why all this have to happend during cuddle time?

lj said...

Man that ish happened to me once....They did pay for the damages though.

LUVIN ME said...

Talk about putting a damper on a date!

Sounds like calling him a Building Engineer is giving him too much credit!

I like your blog. I'll be back!

E said...

*LOL*...crazy! Sounds like you definitely have a case.